MarketWatch site logo

MarketWatch site logo

Private Finance

The Moneyist

My better half of 11 years would like to purchase a residence by himself — making the kid from their marriage that is first his

Posted: Sept 1, 2019 3:25 p.m. ET

‘What can I do in order to enforce my right as their SPOUSE to create him place my title regarding the deed with this brand brand new home?’


Dear Moneyist,

I will be a stay-at-home mother for the small infants. My spouce and I have already been hitched for 11 years. We have been purchasing a house that is new he will not place my name in the household deed. My better half has children from their marriage that is past of years. Their EX has custody of these children. I am maybe not on the deed for the home we reside in now. This home is in my hubby along with his ex’s names.

Listed here are my concerns:

1. In 2016, my better half decided to replace the beneficiary on their term life insurance, your your retirement funds as well as other assets from our youngsters to their son or daughter from their past wedding. In agreeing for this, I didn’t realize that he had chose to take my marital assets. Continue reading “MarketWatch site logo”